Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Blog Renaissance

If you've visited my blog before, you know it has previously been dedicated to my craftwork, soft sculpture, and stuffed animals. Due to various circumstances, I am no longer working on that type of artwork (though there are still some items left in my store). Rather, I am focusing my energy on working full-time on my writing career.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with me, I am a 25-year old professional writer working in living in Baltimore, MD. I have my BA in English from Goucher College, where I was fortunate to study under the amazing Madison Smartt Bell. My passion is for short fiction, and my stories have been published in Preface and the unfortunately defunct Baltimore Writers Project. I've also been a staff writer for several periodicals. I'm currently honing my poetry skills and revising a novel I began during National Novel Writing Month, which deals with gender roles as they relate to power, wealth, and status.

I will be forthwith dedicating this site and blog to my journey as a writer and a reader. Though, due to publishing standards and copyright issues, I will not be printing any of my pieces here, I currently have one story on the web from my undergraduate days, which you can read here.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: