Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Stephen Colbert Hates Bears



I bought this gigantic stuffed bear at Goodwill for $5, intending to reverse taxidermy it and use the fur for other projects. Fur fabric is 'spensive, for one, and for two, it's not green to keep fabricating new things from new materials--so I often purchase old stuffies on the cheap and use their hides.

But this guy grew on me. I let him ride around in the back seat of my car for a while, and I would eye him in the rearview mirror, picturing what I was going to do to his face with scissors and a sewing machine. I started to feel guilty. Now he's sitting in my bedroom looking all cute, and I wasn't sure I'd have the heart to cut him all up.

Then I saw (NSFW) this. And now I'm kind of uncomfortable having him in my bedroom...possibly thinking dirty thoughts. Thanks, Regretsy.

He's getting cut up.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Ok, I was checking out your blog and this post caught my eye cause I'm a huge teddy bear lover. But I just had to see what the fuss was all about...HOLY HANNA JOANNA!! Naughty teddy.....I'll never be able to look at red mittens/gloves again without that image popping up into my mind!
Did teddy bear get cut up? Could possibly forgive you under the circumstances.....
Chow!
Roxanne