Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Real Vodka Sauce

The infused vodkas are coming along wonderfully! You can probably tell the green one has bell peppers in it. It's going to be a spicy, peppery, bloody mary vodka. It wasn't spicy enough yesterday, so I added a few slivers of cherry bomb peppers. Here's hoping it's still drinkable by the time I get home tonight!

The bell pepper flavor was strong enough, however, so I removed all the bell peppers from the mix. I couldn't bring myself to throw them out, so I decided to turn them into a sauce. I cooked them for 20 minutes, and the taste of the vodka was still EXTREMELY evident. This might be why! So I continued to cook the heck out of them for another 30 minutes. After that, they tasted delectable. I added a can of fire-roasted tomatoes, some chicken broth, red wine, italian spices, and two bay leaves. I served the whole mixture over rigatoni and mm mmm good.

Tonight, I'm going to see what's going on with the vodka-soaked butternut squash...

No comments: