Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Well, Hello There

Boy, when I said "off for a while" I didn't exactly mean 8 months. But I'll tell you, it has been a MEAN 8 months. I've been extremely busy at my Clark Kent job, i.e. Proposal Manager Extraordinaire. So busy, in fact, that I become accredited by the Association of Proposal Management Professionals and had my first speaking engagement as such a professional, delivering tips on how to make your proposal more compelling through using Win Themes.

I'll bet you had no idea that I'm, like, an actual corporate professional with credentials and stuff. My proposals do not have two-heads.

So what else? I finally got off my butt and finished my novel, using NaNoWriMo as an excuse. I was about 25k away from finishing the draft, and wrote those words during the first 2 weeks of NaNoWriMo. Then VOILA! I had a complete draft. Holy $#!+!. It's the first and only full-length novel I've ever completed, ever written the words "the end" for. Even though I can really now call myself a writer, I don't have words to describe the feeling of that accomplishment. I'll save that for another post.

I am currently 75% completed with revisions and polishing. I have a completed synopsis and a query letter, which has been submitted as chum for the Query Shark. I will shortly be commencing the full-blow, ego-crushing foray into the Agent Submission Process, and guess where I'll keep you up to date?

Right here, where I write here.

2 comments:

Firebongo! said...

I've wondered where you disappeared off to. Every time I'd look at the list of people I follow on twitter, I'd think, what ever happened to her and that wolf?

Glad to hear you're still alive, and a fancy professional too? So fancy.

Elly Zupko said...

Thanks for your note, Firebongo! The short of what happened was that I moved in July, and most of my crafting supplies are STILL packed up. That wolf is still in progress. He'll get finished one of these days! I'm glad to know he has a place in the back of at least one person's mind. ;)