Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's the End of the World As Wayne Knows It

Since I've done almost nothing but rant and argue and complain for the past eight posts, here's something on the lighter side.

My friends and I--team Liquid Squid--participated in the 48-Hour Film Project last year. I encourage you to check out the organization and read about the details of the contest. It basically boils down to:

  • Friday = beer and pizza fueled screenplay writing, constrained by contest-wide parameters including a specific character, prop, line of dialogue, and genre
  • Saturday = coffee and doughnut fueled acting and filming, constrained by location, available equipment, and daylight
  • Sunday = adrenaline fueled editing, constrained by flagging energy and a looming deadline
The result is a short film that may or may not be coherent. But damn did we have fun--and we won "Best Use of Prop"! This was our entry, It's the End of the World As Wayne Knows It




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I can't wait to check it out when I get back home this evening. Unfortunately, YouTube is blocked at work (AGH!).

My brother took place in something similar last year. There was some kind of 24-hour script-writing contest where a group would get together, write a play, develop props, rehearse, incorporate aspects of musical theater, create props, memorize lines, and then perform it at the 24-hour mark.

I'm sure the 48-hour film is just as demanding and simultaneously exciting! I look forward to checking it out!