Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Call Me Hurley

I don't believe in luck. But I'm starting to believe in bad luck.
  1. Sunday, arrive at MoMA to discover Tim Burton exhibit--the reason for the trip--is sold out.
  2. Sunday evening, realize we are short $2 for our cash-only tab at Katz's.
  3. Their ATM is broken.
  4. The line for the credit card check-out is enormous. Lady in front of Chris is apparently buying Sunday dinner for a family of 45. Slowly.
  5. Miss bus home by 2 minutes. Watch it pull away.
  6. Blessedly catch next bus. Can't sit with Chris. Overhead light is broken, so I have to sit in the dark for 4 hours with no one to talk to.
  7. Arrive in Baltimore and realize we have to walk home because I forgot my parking garage ticket.
  8. Monday, 8am, go to move my car from garage by 9am deadline and the battery is dead.
  9. Monday night, Chris comes to jump my car; cables are too short. Luckily (!) a stranger arrives on the scene just in time.
  10. Tuesday morning, battery has died again. Chris has already left for work. Stuck working from home for the sixth time in a row.
  11. Wednesday morning, Chris comes to jump my car. He connects his battery to mine, and my doors lock automatically--with my keys inside.
  12. Go back to Chris' for the spare key. Go to leave, but a car is stalled at the end of his alley, blocking our exit.
  13. Finally make it back to my car, get it started. Realize I have almost no gas left.
  14. Chris follows me to the gas station in case I need another jump. Rush hour: it takes 10 minutes to go the 2 blocks. We are both now officially late for work.
  15. I phone in for my 9am conference call. Phone dies 20 minutes into the conversation.

That brings us to about now. Boy I hope it's over.

4 comments:

Katie said...

oh man. That's a huge amount of stress.

Elly Zupko said...

Oh it has been! But the past few hours (lol) have been fine, and I'm starting to look back at the whole thing as comical. :)

linda said...

That sounds a little like my last two weeks. But you win.

sassypackrat said...

Wow I thought my life was bad. Yeah you beat me too!